QUINCY JONES SAYS, 'OFF THE WALL' WAS MJ's BEST ALBUM?! (BLOG)

Quincy Jones has thrown his two cents in on the debate as to whetherOff the Wall or Thriller was Michael Jackson's greatest work. Jones produced both of the iconic albums and says Off The Wall is the slightly stronger record.

"I'm proud of both of them, don't get me wrong," Jones told BET.com. "But, we had musical bridges in 'Off the Wall' and a lot of things of that nature, 'Thriller' too, you know, it's just different. But, I like all of them. Once you do them, you gotta like them."

Quincy adds that while Thriller went on to become the best selling album of all time, Off the Wall found Michael not only displaying pop mastery, but also channeling true emotion.


"Michael was singing about a real romance with a woman, so much so that he cried," Jones revealed. "I was saving the song for [Frank] Sinatra and I gave it to Michael, 'cause I wanted to hear him sing about a real, true, warm relationship. He was very affected. He cried, every take he made, he cried. I just left it on the record."

A new collection of previously unfinished Michael Jackson recordings, titled Michael, hits stores on December 10. 


***Do you agree with Quincy? and, on another note, we're not too sure if that's the late, great MJ on these new tracks...SMH**


rttnews.com