No One Can Duplicate It


If you haven't taken the time to review the videos at Watch Glenn Beck.com: July 13, 2010 Show - Collective Salvation, then you might want to view them before reading this essay.

I have been thinking about the comparison between Biblical Christianity - which portrays the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary and His subsequent resurrection from the dead as a victorious achievement - with that of what Black Liberation Theology (BLT) teaches. If you viewed the videos (link above), then you saw the founder of (BLT) actually describe what his brand of religion believes and teaches. Rather than portraying Jesus Christ as the Victor over evil, sin and death, Mr. Cone and his followers claim that Jesus Christ was a victim. He even labeled it as "one of the worst lynchings" known to man. Such a declaration is wrong on so many levels! However, I will share two reasons - from the Bible - that demonstrates how wrong Mr. Cone is in his thinking.

1. Jesus tells us that he willingly "laid his life down for his friends."

Jhn 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

2. In Mat 26:53 - Jesus says to one of his disciples who just drew his sword and cut off the ear of one of the soldiers who came to arrest Jesus: "Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?"

Now, don't you think that if Jesus could have summoned twelve legions of angels to prevent his arrest by the Roman soldiers, that he also could have called to His Father in heaven to send angels to rescue him from the cross?

Jesus didn't call for rescue. Instead, His atoning act RESCUES ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM from separation from God because of sin and nixes the penalty of eternal death.

These are just two examples of why Black Liberation Theology fails as a Christian religion. They have skewed the meaning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a false gospel that fits into their own mindset, politics, and demands for liberation and justice. In other words, they have corrupted who Jesus really is and made Him into their own "image and likeness."

I had dinner with a good friend last evening who is in despair. Who isn't these days?? The gangster government that appears to be working against our beloved country and appears to hate America and Americans, is enough to cause despair in anyone! She doesn't usually have the time to read blogs, so I often fill her in on what is being written about and said on them. She mentioned that the news stations she watches (not cable ones) all sound alike during their evening news broadcasts. It's as if they are each reading from a script. Truthfully? I wouldn't be a bit surprised!

Later during our dinner discussion, she asked me how I can deal with all of the evil, deception, lies, corruption etc. going on in the world and write about it on my blog without going into a deep depression. I told her that I do get depressed at times. It looks like there is nothing that WE THE PEOPLE can do right now to stop the madness coming out of Washington D.C. Our supposed "representatives" are not listening to the majority of Americans who call, write, fax, email and demand that they don't vote for the latest terrible legislation. It is obvious that these elected individuals are not really representing the people. They are busy voting for bills they don't read and passing legislation that will harm rather than help our economy. What's more, they seem much more interested in getting what they want done rather than what their constituents want done.

I told my friend that when I get down, I listen to the Christian music CD in my car. I read the Bible. I read the appropriate Christian book that will point me back in the right direction, away from the despair that the evil leaders in this world all wallow in and want spread around.

Today, while returning from a visit to the dentist, I was listening to a song by the Newsboys called "In The Hands Of God."



As I was listening to the song, I prayed for our nation and that what I do here on this blog and in my life would be pleasing to God. When the chorus of the song played that says about Jesus, "You're amazing, You're amazing You are" I couldn't help but think that everything that man does on this earth could never compare to, change, or overcome what Jesus has done for us!

Jesus' own words comfort us through all that we go through, cope with, and endure in this world:



Jhn 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."


Then, the thought came to me! In fact, it ended up being the title of this post!

No one can duplicate what Jesus has done!

There are many great videos of "In The Hands Of God" at the YouTube site. I chose this one because I think the visual pictures emphasizes the title of the song and helps us to focus on the great lyrics.

Have a blessed day!