Memories of My Youth!

For some reason a song that was popular in the 1980's came to mind last night. I wasn't sure which band from that era made it a hit, and I couldn't even recall the name of the lead singer. It's a good thing that you can just type in the name or some of the lyrics to the song over at Youtube. Most of the time you can generally find the song you are looking for.

The song I was thinking about was "Talk Talk". When I found it, I realized that Talk Talk was also the name of the band! According to Wikipedia, they were labeled as "Art rock, "New Wave," "Synthpop" (early) and "Post-rock" (later). I can only recall them being labeled as "New Wave" in the record stores.

As I clicked on some other songs on the playlist, I found myself coming across several old clips of a great band from the sixties - The Animals. Eric Burdon is the lead singer. This was more my style back then. I spent the next hour listening to all of their hit songs! Brought back memories of my youth!

One of the reasons that first song [Talk Talk] came to mind was because as I was reading various blogs on my blog list, it became so clear that all that Obama can do is talk. What's worse, he doesn't say anything new! He continually regurgitates the same old tired rhetoric and the few useful idiots who still follow him lap it up like clueless Obots. Heck! Fox News reported today that even a liberal Democrat - Walter Mondale - is complaining about Obama's overuse of the teleprompter!

Ahhh! Let's forget about politics now.

Back to the memories of my youth!

I listened to "House of the Rising Sun," "It's My Life," "We Gotta Get Out of This Place," and "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."

It was interesting to note that Burdon's lyrics often contained mentions of The Lord in them ["Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"]. In The House of the Rising Sun he actually cautions the listeners to avoid "spending their lives in sin and misery."

Many of the original videos of that band from the 60's each have over 2 million views! I read some of the comments last night. Some were (unfortunately) vile and repulsive. However, others were encouraging like this one that was just posted earlier today:


blacksheep136
3 hours ago corny as it may sound, songs like these remind me to stick true to my style and not just become another modern clone.


Ha! Good observation and great point!

I think that describes what some of the youth became when they got caught up in the ObamaBorg Mania of 2008. They just became "another modern clone." I hope and pray that many realize their mistake and vote for American values and common sense in 2010 and 2012!

Back to reminiscing!

How many "Battle of the Bands" groups competed during my high school days using songs from The Animals! There was at least one band with a lead singer attempting to imitate Eric Burdon at each "Battle" session!

Today, it is difficult to choose my favorite song from The Animals. But this mega hit classic might rank up near the top:



LOL!! Remember HULLABALOO?? HA HA HAAAA!