The Game Used 'Heartbreaker' Without RZA's Permission!? (Blog)

Game released his double mixtape,Purp & Patron, earlier in the week and shortly afterwards blogs that posted the project were hit with cease-and-desist orders from Universal Music Publishing Group in regards to the “unauthorized use” of the song Heartbreaker, which features production from RZA.

While talking with HipHopDX, the West Coast rapper confirmed that he too received a letter but denied intentionally stealing anything. According to him, he and the Wu-Tang producer made the track together in the studio, however, after finding out that the sample used in the beat couldn’t be cleared he decided to put it on his mixtape.

“I think RZA [is] tryin’ to sue about [Heartbreaker] or somethin,” said Game. “That’s f*ckin’ crazy. Like, I don’t even know how RZA sues the Game. He came to the studio and brought the track to me. He’s like, ‘Yo Game, this is for you. You can have that.’  Those are his words.”

“We found out that the sample was un-clearable,” he added. “For anybody. So I threw it out [on the mixtape]. The next thing I know RZA is suing the Game. That sh*t’s crazy. I didn’t even know Wu-Tang sued n*ggas.”

Despite the incident though, Game says that he still has nothing but love for RZA and the rest of the Wu-Tang family.

“I still got nothin’ but respect for RZA [and] the whole Wu, and all of that,” he said.  “I’m good. I’m good friends withGhostface [Killah] and Raekwon and Method [Man].”

In other news, Game’s long-delayed project,. The R.E.D. Album, still doesn’t have a release date but it is expected to be released later this year.