Weakness

Okay,

So I've been thinking a lot about weaknesses this week. Not only because my family is going through a lot right now, but because I'm questioning my purpose. Are things ever going to settle down in Virginia? Am I ever going to find a place where I fit in here? I mean, my parents are fitting in great into their role as grandparents. But me? I struggle as a aunt, trying to find different ways to connect with the girls despite my disability. It really doesn't help that I have little to no friends down here. If I did, it wouldn't matter to me how much time we spent with the kids. I could do my own thing if I wanted. They are grandparents, they deserve to act like it! But sometimes, I can't help but feel left out. Let's face it, that's part of the reason why we moved out here, so they could be grandparents.

Anyway, in many respects, I feel weak. I wonder when my time will come to be settled; with a job, an apartment, a love, etc. Not to sound ungrateful, because I'm not. But it's high time my life get started again. But then I remember an important verse. 2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me"