Woman Unexpectedly Gives Birth (BLOG, VIDEO)

Mom says she didn't know she was pregnant. Watch the video:



RISING SUN, Ind. -- A woman in Sunman, Ind., said she gave birth to a baby boy in her bathroom, but she never knew she was pregnant.

Melissa Judd and her boyfriend, Nate Smith, said the last thing they were expecting was to be expecting a child.

"I lost weight. I lost 15 to 20 pounds," Judd said.

She said she did not get bigger because of the pregnancy, nor did she have morning sickness or cramping.

"There wasn't any difference (or) any changes," Smith said. "Her mood was not different."
The day she gave birth, Judd said she was cleaning her house.

"I was feeling (cramps) so I thought I had to use the bathroom and, well, surprise!" Judd said. "I thought, 'I'm here by myself, so I have to do this alone.'"

She said 20 minutes later, she delivered a boy weighing 5 pounds, 9 ounces.
"As soon as he was out, his eyes (opened and started) looking around, crying," Judd said. "He was purple though, so I was scared to death."

Judd said she wrapped the baby in a towel and went to her neighbor, Keith Bradley, who happened to be an emergency medical technician.

"I (came) running to her, and I saw she (had) a baby in her hands and blood all over her," Bradley said. "I'm like, 'Where'd that come from?'"

Bradley said the only thing on his mind was that he had to get the umbilical cord clamped off, but he said he didn't have anything to do it.

Within minutes, Sunman paramedics arrived and Judd and the baby were taken to an area hospital.
Smith said he thought it was a joke when he got a call from a 911 dispatcher that his girlfriend just had his baby.

"I drove to the hospital, and sure enough, there they were," Smith said. “I would have never known. When I heard (about) it, I thought I was going to pass out."

The couple said, after the whole ordeal, they think their baby is a miracle and wouldn't trade him for anything.

wlwt