For all those who don't know, explain your background.

Deezle: I'm a multi-instrumentalist. I play bass, I play guitar, I play the keys, I sing and rap. I started as an engineer and became an artist and started producing my own stuff because I couldn't afford to pay any producers. As far as my production credits, I've worked with Aaron Neville, N'Dea Davenport from The Brand New Heavies, James Hall, Ani D. Franco, Bishop Paul Morton. I've done rock and country records and I finally became a Hip-Hop producer. I started at the bottom and one day I got a phone call from Slim to be their producer. And the rest with Cash Money, I guess you could say is history.

HipHopWired: Weren't you Cash Money's in-house producer?

Deezle: I was for several years, I worked on Birdman's Fast Money and I had six songs on there. Then Tha Carter I, I engineered over 75% of that record as a recording engineer. The same thing for the Carter II, I ended up having one song on that one but between Tha Carter I and Tha Carter II about six or seven of my records got leaked. I was really supposed to end up with about four or five records but six or seven of them got leaked. It was a big disappointment because they were talking about [making it] a single for at least on of them.

HipHopWired: What do you do then when one of your songs gets leaked or if you produce a song thinking it's for an album but find out it'll be given away for free on a mixtape?