Alicia Keys To Re-Release 'Songs In A Minor' To Mark 10 Year Anniversary

It’s been almost 10 years since a fresh faced Alicia Keys released her debut album Songs In A Minor. Keys will now re-release the album to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of her first album, which will officially be on June 28.

The album sold more than 12 million copies worldwide and received five Grammys for Best Female R&B Artist, Best Song Of The Year [Fallin], Best R&B Album, Best New Artist and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.

Alicia has achieved astronomical success since then not only in her musical career, but in her personal life as well. She married hit producer Swizz Beatz and the two went on to have a child together, a son named Egypt.

The Songs In A Minor re-release will be a Deluxe Edition two disk set and a Collectors Edition three disk set and will include a documentary, which will include interviews with Alicia Keys and other collaborators who are featured on Songs In A Minor.

“It’s incredibly surreal for me to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of Songs In A Minor,” Keys states.

“Looking back on the journey, I’m truly moved by my fans and friends who’ve been with me and have supported me throughout my career. This album is possibly the most precious to me, as your first album only happens once, and so Songs In A Minor will always hold a special place in my life that’s filled with amazing memories. I’m so proud that the songs are still being enjoyed around the world, and I’m crazy excited to share, through the 10th Anniversary Edition, songs never heard before, and even more of my debut album with you.”


yoraps.com