Mary J Blige's Sequel To 'My Life' Due In September

Mary J. Blige is the Queen of Hip-Hop and known for pouring her sorrows and pain on her classic 1994 album My Life. Songs like I’m Goin’ Down and Be Happy showed a young woman who was unable to give or receive much-needed love. Blige married seventeen years later and matured as an artist and woman.

Now, the superstar singer announced that her forthcoming album called My Life 2: The Journey Continues will be due out September 20. She will be revisiting themes such as love and hurt and looking for the ultimate love. Her album will be an ambitious effort and will feature production assistance from Kanye West, Stargate, Swizz Beatz, Danja, and The Underdogs.

My Life was a personal album for Blige and was recorded when she was dealing with domestic abuse. Although she doesn’t have those struggles now, Blige says inspirations are not to far away. “This album is a reflection of the times and lives of people all around me,” she explains in a press release. “I’ve got issues just like you,” she says.

The first single off My Life 2 is titled Someone To Love Me (Naked), produced by Jerry Wonda, which reveals Mary wrestling with her temper and being unhappy.


yoraps.com